Eat all you like
• Meat: Any type of meat, including beef, lamb, pork, deer, bison, and chicken. The best part is that you can eat the fat on the meat, as well as, the skin on the chicken. Choose organic or grass fed meat if you are able to, as this type is the healthiest variety.
• Fish and Shellfish: All kinds of fish are good. Salmon, mackerel, tuna, mahi-mahi, shark, tilapia, swai, sardines, herring, swordfish, or other wild caught fish. Do not add any breading and stay away from the, unhealthy, farm raised variety.
• Eggs: All kinds and prepared how you like them. Boiled, fried, poached, scrambled, over easy, or omelets. The best eggs are organic or pasture raised.
• Natural Fat and High-Fat Sauces: butter and cream makes your food taste better and you will feel more satisfied. If you buy the sauces in the store, check the ingredients and make sure there is no added sugar. Coconut oil, olive oil, ghee, and pure bacon fat are great.
• Vegetables: All kinds of cabbage, such as cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage and Brussels sprouts. Asparagus, zucchini, eggplant, olives, spinach, mushrooms, cucumber, lettuce, avocado, onions, peppers, and tomatoes. In addition, bok choy, celery, asparagus, cucumber, kale, collard, and zucchini are great.
• Dairy products: Choose full-fat options like real butter, cream, sour cream, Greek yogurt and high-fat cheeses. Be careful with regular milk and skim milk as they contain milk sugar. Avoid flavored, sugary and low-fat products.
• Nuts: Cashews, almonds, walnuts, sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, pecans, and coconuts. No Peanuts or legumes.
•Berries: Okay in moderation, like strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and boysenberries. It is perfectly fine to buy the frozen variety, just check the ingredients to make sure there is NO added sugar.
• Dark chocolate: Once in a while is acceptable. Needs to be 70% cocao or higher.
• Wine or alcohol: In moderation. Any cocktails must not contain sugar.
• Sugar: The key to a healthy start and new beginning. Cut out all soft drinks, candy, juices, flavored drinks, sport drinks, chocolate, cakes, cookies, buns, donuts, pastries, ice cream, cereal, granola, energy or protein bars. NO added artificial sweeteners.
For a sweet taste, ONLY use Truvia, stevia, xylitol, or erythritol. Very little effect on blood sugar.
• Starches: Bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, French-fries, potato chips, granola, or oatmeal. Sweet potatoes can also elevate blood sugar and not good initially.
• Margarine: No. Linked to inflammation, allergies, and asthma
• Beer: No. Converted to sugar in your body.
• Fruit: Citrus should initially be avoided. High sugar content. It is considered natural candy. In addition, apples, grapes, mangos, papaya, dates, kiwi, bananas, pears, melons, dried fruit and jams are prohibited.
Water, coffee and tea are encouraged and recommended.